FORGET THE RESOLUTIONS – MAKE IT EASY
I am not interested in resolutions. Most of us find these rather like hopeful pie-crust promises – easily made, easily broken. No I am after some of the practical goals and tasks that you want to get done this year, things that I can have input into or help with… so that’s things like (and of course any such list it not exhaustive and needs adapting to your circumstances).
- Your bank balance – rates are awful, but what is your comfort cash balance?
- Your monthly savings level (how much you want to squirrel away each month)
- When you intend to retire
- If you are retired, what challenge are you facing in 2021?
- What income you need
- Clearing or reducing your mortgage
- Your job or career – any changes to work patterns, promotions, redundancy concerns?
- Expectations for your business or perhaps starting one (or another one)
- Where you live – any plans to make alterations to anything that requires finance?
- Any big purchases? Electric car? Alternative energy?
- How you will measure 2021 as a successful year.
You will appreciate that some of our clients work in the NHS, we also advise a few teachers. Most of us will have some time to note down some thoughts. PLEASE send these to me. This is precisely what proper financial planning is all about – where your life, values and money all meet. You may think your plans are not terribly ambitious or hanging on the hopes of “normal life resuming”. I offer no judgement, simply want to know so that we can do an even better job for you in 2021.
Enjoy New Year’s Eve and the zoom calls with your friends and family. We will be ready to go again on Tuesday and I look forward to it.
You can read more articles about Pensions, Wealth Management, Retirement, Investments, Financial Planning and Estate Planning on my blog which gets updated every week. If you would like to talk to me about your personal wealth planning and how we can make you stay wealthier for longer then please get in touch by calling 08000 736 273 or email email@example.com