For those of you that are higher rate taxpayers, remember that you need to reclaim your higher rate tax relief via your tax return. HMRC do not provide you with an indefinite amount of time to get this sorted. In practice anyone with higher rate relief claims must reclaim the 2008/09 year by 5th April 2013. So make sure you do! In general, you only have 4 years to make a claim.